Social Ministry Mission:
"What so ever you do for one of the least...you do unto me." (Matthew 25) Our committee's purpose is to help parishes meet social needs of those in need as Christ asked of us. This is to be accomplished by researching the needs and organizing or supporting programs, both to remedy the effects of social problems, through prayers and actions of the parish community.
Social Ministry activities include:
- Souper Bowl Collection
- Lenten Operation Rice Bowl
- Neighbor's Night Out Dinner twice a year
- Provides Easter & Christmas Favors for Seneca and Huntington Nursing Home patients and shut-ins.
- Hold Good Friday services at Nursing Homes
- Mother's Day baby supply collection
- June thru August collect and box supplies for Nicaragua and migrant workers
- School supply collection in August
- Mitten and coat collection in October
- Angel Christmas gift collection during November and December.
- Hunger collections are taken up as a free will offering at the doors of each church on the second weekend of the month. This collection helps fund the purchase of food for marginalized in the community. Half of the collection goes to the House of Concern in Seneca Falls and the other half goes to Cayuga/Seneca Action Program in Waterloo.
- Food pantry collections of canned and non-perishable goods are gathered in wicker baskets at the doors of the two churches and weekly are given to the House of Concern and Cayuga/Seneca Agency.
New members are always welcomed and needed. If you are interested in serving on this important ministry of our parish community, please call the Parish Center Office at 315-651-4349 for more information.